This leads to that there are so called distributions, for example Fedora and Linux Mint. They are complete operating systems using the linux-kernel and additionally a lot of software that makes sence to have on a computer. For example window handling using Xserver. And to that some Window Managers like Gnome or KDE, perhanps Cinnamon which is my latest favourite, a fork of Gnome I believe.
If you are looking for information about starting to use linux and wonder what you should choose, look here.
If you want to run a server with linux go here.
If you wonder about hardware in linux, this might help you.
If you want reasons to start to use linux, please have a look here:
- Android and Linux Phones
- Maybe you are looking for reasons to start using linux?
- Linux is also popular in smart-phones.
- The latest ubuntu smart phone demo.
- Can I change a video card from nvidia to intel without reinstalling linux?
- Browsing the web securely in Windows 7 using Linux
- Corsair ssd
- this is not linux news, context error
- This page is a part of blog tips!
- Why Linux?
- What can linux do to improve local weather?